Carbs are an indispensable advantage to hard-training athletes who want to improve endurance, add size, or get lean. Intra-Carb levels up your performance, allowing you to train longer, with more energy and no crash. Unlike many other carb formulas, Intra-Carb does not upset your stomach, cause bloating or give you an insulin spike and crash. It’s designed to provide a steady level of insulin release, which is great for managing muscle protein breakdown. The formulation uses the synergy of three carbohydrate sources:
- Highly-branched Cyclic Dextrin to usher glucose from the stomach
- Isomaltulose (as Palatinose®), a disaccharide that produces a steady rise in blood glucose
- Dextrose whose rapid entry into the bloodstream promotes insulin release
This superior combination creates the positive balance of skeletal muscle protein synthesis and breakdown we all crave.
The secret to Intra-Carb’s powerful, but long-lasting, easy-on-the-gut punch comes from the synergy of the three carbohydrate sources we’ve combined:
- Intra-Carb contains highly branched cyclic dextrin (as 10 grams of Cyclic Dextrin®) to enhance gastric emptying1 and minimize gastrointestinal discomfort during exercise [including burping and gas, which your training partner benefit will appreciate2]. By more rapidly ushering glucose from the stomach3,4 to the small intestine and blood stream5, Cyclic Dextrin® can improve performance6-8, and maintain higher glycogen levels during exercise9, giving you a head start on recovering for your next workout10.
- To ensure a sustained, crash-free elevation of blood glucose during your workout or whenever you’ve consumed Intra-Carb, we’ve also included 5 grams of Isomaltulose (as Palatinose®) in Intra-Carb. Palatinose is a disaccharide that produces a steady rise in blood glucose but at a baseline level much lower than even table sugar11.
- Lastly, we’ve included a small amount of Dextrose (glucose), the carbohydrate source commonly used as the standard for determining glycemic index (GI)12. [The GI of dextrose is higher than essentially all kinds of rice products, for instance13.] Dextrose’s rapid entry into the bloodstream will promote insulin release14, so including a small amount in Intra-Carb favors the positive balance of skeletal muscle protein synthesis and breakdown we all seek, as long as you’ve been diligent enough to consume protein with your carbs15,16.